Irfan View Instructions
Start Irfan View
- File >>> Open to edit a picture of a painting.
- File >>> Thumbnails opens another screen that shows all the pictures in the folder. This is VERY useful for finding pictures. Just double click on a picture and it open in Irfan View.
- To resize and shrink file size: Image >>> Resize/Resample
Pick a width or height and let IrfanView calculate the other.
- Width should be 1200 or less. About 750 will porbably be good.
- Now save the file as a New Name so that you don't loose the original: File >>> Save As >>>
If you are saving the for use on a web site "Save Quality" should be 70 to 80.
Now choose OK and then Save.
That should do it!